Here is the reading with the questions. Last assignment of the year!
Instructions and sample are found here.
Here is the reading with the questions (on last page).
Here are some resources for the activity.
- New nation-states reading and questions (day one)
- GeoGames Activity Packet
- GeoGames pitch: Once you are done with your research (GeoGames Activity packet), you will create a sales pitch about the one nation-state YOU think should host the GeoGames! It should be a place that you think is the strongest politically and economically.
- Your pitch should be 2 paragraphs long and include evidence to back up your opinion!
- Flappers & the New Woman: resource, other resource,
- Radio, Movies, & Music: resource, other resource, other resource
- Dance: resource
- Great Migration: resource
Case Study 1 (North Sea & Oil)
- North Sea (look at section on “Oil & Gas”)
- UN Conventions on the Law of the Seas/EEZ (first few paragraphs)
- Historical examples of wars over resources
Case Study 2 (Netherland’s Reclaiming of the Sea)
Here are some resources that will help you find out how the Progressives made changes to the problems.
- Resource #1 (food safety), another resource, one other
- Resource #2 (many laws and amendments)
- Resource # 3 (Child Labor Laws), another resource
- Resource #4 (list of everything)
- Resource #5 (pollution & city conditions)
- Resource #6 (slums & bad living conditions), another one
- Resource #7 (strikes against bad working conditions), another one
- Resource #8 (antitrust laws, laws against monopolies), another one